- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 hard cooked eggs
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 3 tbsps. coarsley chopped chives
- 3 sprigs of Italian parsley
- 1 small chili pepper, fresh or
- 12 whole peppercorns
- 3 cups white wine vinegar
- Layer the eggs and herbs in a jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Cover with the vinegar and seal.
- Let stand in a cool, dark place for 1 week before using.
- The eggs will keep for about 2 months in the refrigerator.
- The vinegar may be used in salads and marinade after the eggs are gone.
NotesThis is a favorite of both me and my husband. We made it for our herb club picnics years ago and they always went. Recipe comes from the cookbook ,The Herbal Pantry, by Emelie Tolley and Chris Mead.
Use only tarragon or a combination
of chives, chervil, parsley, & peppercorns. Add a sliced lemon or a sliced onion.
These eggs are a wonderful addition
to a picnic or buffet.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Walnut, Honey & Espresso Caramels
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Pizza
Rice PuddingSee More