- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2-1/2 pounds raw medium shrimp
- 1/2 cup chopped celery, including some top leaves
- 1/4 cup mixed pickling spices
- 3 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 large Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons capers with juice
- 2-1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- fresh parsley sprigs
- Place shrimp, celery, pickling spices, and salt in a large saucepan.
- Cover with boiling water.
- Cover and simmer just until shrimp turns pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drain and discard cooking liquid and seasonings.
- Run shrimp under cold water, peel and devein, then in a large, shallow, nonreactive bowl alternate shrimp with onion.
- Place bay leaves on top.
- Combine oils, vinegar, capers, celery seed, paprika, mustard, and cayenne and pour over shrimp and onions.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for 24 hours, turning twice during marinating time.
- Remove shrimp and onions from marinade.
- Place on serving platter and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve with toothpicks.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More