PICKLED SHRIMP (SOMERSIZE LEVEL 1)
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, cooked & shelled
- 2 medium size onions
- 15 - 20 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 cups Perkey French Dressing (recipes follows)
- Perky French Dressing
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard (colman's)
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Thinly slice the onion and separate into rings.
In a medium size bowl arrange alternating layers of shrimp, onion rings and bay leaves. Pour the dressing over the top and press down so the top layer is covered, too. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 24 hours so the flavors are well blended.
Perky French Dressing
Mix the mustard in the water and let stand for 15 minutes. Combine all the ingredients in a jar. Cover tightly and shake well.
Website Credit: http://www.wiredfoxterror.blogspot.com