- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 quarts small beets
- 3 cups vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Hot sterilized jars and lids
- Cook the beets until just tender.
- Slip off the skins.
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar, spices, and salt.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add the beets to the vinegar and simmer 5 minutes longer.
- Pack the beets into hot sterilized jars.
- Bring the vinegar to a boil and pour over beets.
- If there is not enough vinegar mixture to cover, add hot vinegar.
- Seal immediately.
- Makes about 4 quarts.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Recipes for Vitality
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More