- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 quarts small beets
- 3 cups vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Hot sterilized jars and lids
- Cook the beets until just tender.
- Slip off the skins.
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar, spices, and salt.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add the beets to the vinegar and simmer 5 minutes longer.
- Pack the beets into hot sterilized jars.
- Bring the vinegar to a boil and pour over beets.
- If there is not enough vinegar mixture to cover, add hot vinegar.
- Seal immediately.
- Makes about 4 quarts.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More