- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 small to medium fresh turnips
- 3 small beets
- 2½ Tsp rough sea-salt
- 1 hot green pepper, sliced
- 3 tender celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup warm water
- 1½ cup natural vinegar
- Big Glass Jar
- Peel the turnips and the beets and slice them ½ inches thick.
- Place slices in a big bowl and mix them with the sea-salt. Let sit for 12 hours.
- Remove slices together with the water that has come out and
- put them in the jar.
- Add the warm water and vinegar. If the liquids don’t fill up the
- jar then add some more water or vinegar.
- Put the jar in a sunny spot; after 2 days the pickled turnip is ready.
Mom's Cooking Secrets
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More