- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 10
- 6 eggs, boiled and peeled
- 6 fresh okra
- 1 baby carrot, sliced
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon whole mustard seed
- 1/2 tablespoon dill
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered chipote pepper or crushed red pepper
- 2 jalepeno, whole
- 1/2 onion, quartered
- 4 black peppercorns
- Place the eggs, okra and carrots into a 1 quart wide mouth jar.
- In a saucepan, combine the vinegar, water, salt, sugar, garlic, mustard seed, dill, chipote powder, jalepenos, onion, and black peppercorns.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Spoon the jalepeno and onion into jar.
- Pour brine into jar, leaving about an inch at the top.
- Seal the jars.
- Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate at least 3-4 days before serving.
NotesThis suits our needs because everything we want pickled are in one jar. It takes up less space and will last us awhile.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Pandas' Favorite Pie by Kaylan & Finn Agarwal
Peggy's Hot Canapes
Panera Broccoli Cheese SoupSee More