- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 10
- 6 eggs, boiled and peeled
- 6 fresh okra
- 1 baby carrot, sliced
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon whole mustard seed
- 1/2 tablespoon dill
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered chipote pepper or crushed red pepper
- 2 jalepeno, whole
- 1/2 onion, quartered
- 4 black peppercorns
- Place the eggs, okra and carrots into a 1 quart wide mouth jar.
- In a saucepan, combine the vinegar, water, salt, sugar, garlic, mustard seed, dill, chipote powder, jalepenos, onion, and black peppercorns.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Spoon the jalepeno and onion into jar.
- Pour brine into jar, leaving about an inch at the top.
- Seal the jars.
- Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate at least 3-4 days before serving.
NotesThis suits our needs because everything we want pickled are in one jar. It takes up less space and will last us awhile.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Aunt Kiki’s Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Cauliflower Power Soup
Coconut MacaroonsSee More