- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 6 hard boiled eggs- peeled
- 1 can sliced beets
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/4 c salt
- 1/2 c vinegar
- 1/2 T peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- heat sugar, salt, and vinegar, let cool
- Add eggs and beets in layers, with bay leaves and peppercorns in quart mason jar and put in fridge.
- After 3 days, eggs will have soaked up color and can now be sliced for salads, or I just like eating them straight with the beets and some mayo!
- You can add eggs to mixture - I usually replace 2 or 3 before I make a new batch
NotesI had never even heard of pickled eggs until my mom said it was one of her favorite childhood treats. I love beets, and this is a great way to have eggs that are about to expire last a little longer!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More