- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (fresh will taste the best)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour to blend flavors.
NotesA very basic recipe but very good, especially as a starter. I found this in one of those Betty Crocker mini magazines published back in 1999. I also use this in my guacamole. I'll take a couple of tablespoons and add it to smashed avocados. Remember, if you like it hotter, use more jalapenos and leave in the seeds.
I will sometimes use a couple of tablespoons of this salsa with 2 smashed avocados to make my guacamole
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More