- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1/2 cup shortening, cold and cubed
- 3/4 cup ice water (maybe more)
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- Stir flour, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl. Using na pastry blender, cut in the butter and shortening until it's the size of peas.
- Combine water and vinegar then add to flour butter mixture, stirring with a fork until dough holds together. Form into a ball, divide in half, flatten each half into a disk and wrap inplastic. Chill for at least 1 hour before rolling. To roll, place on a lightly floured surface and roll into a 14 inch circle. Transfer dough to pie plate, pressing into bottom of plate with your thumb. Trim edges to 1/2-1 inch overhang.
- To blind bake. Fit dough to pie plate, prick and chill 15 minutes; line with foil and fill with dry beans or rice and bake 15-20 minutes. Remove beans or rice and bake crust an additional 10-12 minutes or until golden for a pie with a baked filling or 15-18 minutes for a non baked pie.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More