- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1/2 cup shortening, cold and cubed
- 3/4 cup ice water (maybe more)
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- Stir flour, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl. Using na pastry blender, cut in the butter and shortening until it's the size of peas.
- Combine water and vinegar then add to flour butter mixture, stirring with a fork until dough holds together. Form into a ball, divide in half, flatten each half into a disk and wrap inplastic. Chill for at least 1 hour before rolling. To roll, place on a lightly floured surface and roll into a 14 inch circle. Transfer dough to pie plate, pressing into bottom of plate with your thumb. Trim edges to 1/2-1 inch overhang.
- To blind bake. Fit dough to pie plate, prick and chill 15 minutes; line with foil and fill with dry beans or rice and bake 15-20 minutes. Remove beans or rice and bake crust an additional 10-12 minutes or until golden for a pie with a baked filling or 15-18 minutes for a non baked pie.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More