- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/3 cup AP flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Crisco Stick
- 3 Tbsp cold water
- In medium bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Using electric mixer cut in Crisco until flour mixture forms pea-size chunks.
- Sprinkle water, 1 Tbsp at a time.
- Toss lightly with fork until dough forms ball.
- Press dough ball between hands to form pancake.
- Flour dough lightly, then roll into circle between sheets of waxed paper on dampened countertop.
- Peel off top sheet.
- Place pie plate upside-down at center of rolled dough; trim crust 1 inch larger than pie plate. Flip crust into pie plate, remove other sheet and press crust to fit.
- Fold edge under and flute.
- Throughly prick bottom and sides 50 times with a fork to prevent shrinking.