- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- ⅔ cup Crisco shortening
- ¼ cup cool water
- 1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
- 2. Put flour and Crisco in a bowl; use two kitchen knives to cut it up into pea-size pieces.
- 3. Add cool water and blend with fork (if too dry, add 1 more teaspoon water – no more).
- 4. Form a ball; firm it.
- 5. Sprinkle flour lightly on wax paper, flour a rolling pin, and then roll out dough to ⅛” thick.
- 6. Roll dough up over rolling pin and unroll into pie shell; bake for 8 to 10 minutes
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More