- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 lb (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup ice water
- place flour, salt, and sugar in bowl of a food processor. Add butter and process for 10 seconds, or just til mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- With machine running, add ice water, drop by drop. Stop as soon as dough holds together, even if there is water left over. Better the dough be a little crumbly than wet or sticky.
- divide dough in half and turn out onto two large pieces of plastic wrap. Press dough into flat circles. wrap in plastic, and chill for at least an hour, or freeze for later use.
- Roll out dough to a thickness of 1/8 inch and use to line a 9-inch pie tin, leaving a 1-inch overhang.
- Line crust with aluminium foil. Weight with pie weights or beans. Bake until edges begin to turn brown at 400 degrees, 10-15 minutes. Remove foil and weights; continue baking until golden brown, 7-10 minutes more.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Mushroom & Nut Pate
Chuck's Pumpkin Cup Pie: Pushing DaisiesSee More