- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1Tbs sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbs cold butter (cut into peices)
- 4 Tbs vegtable shortening
- 5-6 tbs. ice water
- Combine flour, sugar, and salt in food processor, pulse to mix.
- Add butter and shortening and pulse 6-8 times, until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Sprinkle w 3 Tbs. water and pulse.
- Add additional 1-2 Tbs. water and pulse until dough holds together when pressed with fingers.
- On floured surface form dough into a ball, then flatten.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refridgerate at least 30 minutes (up to 3 days).
- Heat oven to 400 degrees, roll dough on floured surface into 14" circle.
- Place in 9" glass pie plate (over hang 1/2 inch)
- Fork edge.
- Freeze 15 min.
- Prick bottom of crust.
- Line pie shell with foil.
- Bake 15-30 minutes.
- Cool crust completely.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More