- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 sheets of frozen crusty filo (bought from the supermarket)
- 20 slices of kaseri greek cheese (or any other sweet in taste cheese)
- 20 slices of season camel or beef meat called "pastourma" in Greek
- 3 fresh tomatoes, cut in thin slices
- olive oil for basting the filo
- sheets Sesame
- Baste with oil a baking pan and roll out half of the filo sheets.
- Do not forget to oil each filo separately.
- Add half of the cheese slices on top of the last filo sheet.
- Then add a layer of meat slices and tomato slices and then cover them with another layer of the rest of the cheese slices.
- Roll out the rest of the filo sheets (oiled again) and season the top filo with some sesame seeds.
- Score the pie into pieces and bake in moderate oven until the top filo gets brown in colour.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More