- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup smooth, cold mashed potatoes (lefover's fine)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp simulated bacon bits
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Combine potatoes, dry ingredients and cheese in a large bowl.
- Cut in shortening until a coarse-meal texture forms.
- Pour in buttermilk and mix just until blended. Do not overwork the dough!
- Pat out on a floured board, cut with a cookie cutter or rim of a glass and place on ungreased sheets.
- Bake 12 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking time.
- Remove immediately to wire rack.
- Amount Per Serving - Calories: 142.5, Total Fat: 6.4 g, Cholesterol: 2.9 mg, Sodium: 116.1 mg, Total Carbs: 17.3 g, Dietary Fiber: 1.0 g
- Protein: 4.0 g
NotesButtermilk biscuits with a touch of sassiness! Potatoes, cheese, pepper and BACON?? You bet!! Just try to avoid burning yourself while savouring this warm from the oven!
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wifeSee More
Broccoli/Bacon/Onion Salad LOW CARB
High-Protein Honey Wheat Bread
Sticky Pecan & Prune Pre-Workout BarsSee More