- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup smooth, cold mashed potatoes (lefover's fine)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp simulated bacon bits
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Combine potatoes, dry ingredients and cheese in a large bowl.
- Cut in shortening until a coarse-meal texture forms.
- Pour in buttermilk and mix just until blended. Do not overwork the dough!
- Pat out on a floured board, cut with a cookie cutter or rim of a glass and place on ungreased sheets.
- Bake 12 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking time.
- Remove immediately to wire rack.
- Amount Per Serving - Calories: 142.5, Total Fat: 6.4 g, Cholesterol: 2.9 mg, Sodium: 116.1 mg, Total Carbs: 17.3 g, Dietary Fiber: 1.0 g
- Protein: 4.0 g
NotesButtermilk biscuits with a touch of sassiness! Potatoes, cheese, pepper and BACON?? You bet!! Just try to avoid burning yourself while savouring this warm from the oven!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More