- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup smooth, cold mashed potatoes (lefover's fine)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp simulated bacon bits
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Combine potatoes, dry ingredients and cheese in a large bowl.
- Cut in shortening until a coarse-meal texture forms.
- Pour in buttermilk and mix just until blended. Do not overwork the dough!
- Pat out on a floured board, cut with a cookie cutter or rim of a glass and place on ungreased sheets.
- Bake 12 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking time.
- Remove immediately to wire rack.
- Amount Per Serving - Calories: 142.5, Total Fat: 6.4 g, Cholesterol: 2.9 mg, Sodium: 116.1 mg, Total Carbs: 17.3 g, Dietary Fiber: 1.0 g
- Protein: 4.0 g
NotesButtermilk biscuits with a touch of sassiness! Potatoes, cheese, pepper and BACON?? You bet!! Just try to avoid burning yourself while savouring this warm from the oven!
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy LifeSee More
Italian Sausage and Mushroom Ravioli
Chicken Tacos with Green Chili Adobo
Fish Cakes (Thai) with Herd & Peanut SaladSee More