- Cooking Time: 15 min
- Preparation Time: 45 min
- * 8 cups all-purpose flour
- * 4 eggs
- * 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * warm water
- * 1 recipe Sauerkraut Filling OR
- * 1 recipe Potato Cheese Filling
1. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, carton sour cream, and salt. Stir in flour and warm water. Add water until dough feels like velvet. Turn out onto a lightly floured board, and knead until smooth. Roll out to a 1/8 to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out 3 1/2 inch circles with either the top of a glass or a biscuit cutter. Cover with waxed paper to prevent drying out if not filling immediately.
2. Place 1 or 2 tablespoons filling on one side of a circle of dough. Fold over, and seal by pressing the edges with a fork. Repeat until ingredients are used.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Immerse pierogi. Cook until the dumplings float to the surface.
PREP TIME 45 Min
COOK TIME 15 Min
READY IN 1 Hr