- Cooking Time: 15 min
- Preparation Time: 45 min
- * 8 cups all-purpose flour
- * 4 eggs
- * 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * warm water
- * 1 recipe Sauerkraut Filling OR
- * 1 recipe Potato Cheese Filling
- 1. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, carton sour cream, and salt. Stir in flour and warm water. Add water until dough feels like velvet. Turn out onto a lightly floured board, and knead until smooth. Roll out to a 1/8 to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out 3 1/2 inch circles with either the top of a glass or a biscuit cutter. Cover with waxed paper to prevent drying out if not filling immediately.
- 2. Place 1 or 2 tablespoons filling on one side of a circle of dough. Fold over, and seal by pressing the edges with a fork. Repeat until ingredients are used.
- 3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Immerse pierogi. Cook until the dumplings float to the surface.
Notes"A delicious filled dumpling made from fresh pasta. These take time, but are so worth it! Fill with Sauerkraut Filling or Potato and Cheese Filling. To freeze, place uncooked pierogies in melted butter. Cool, and place in freezer bags. The butter will keep them from sticking."
PREP TIME 45 Min
COOK TIME 15 Min
READY IN 1 Hr
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More