- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 whole pie crust prepared
- 24 ounces ground pork browned and drained
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice seasoning
- salt to taste
- 4 whole eggs beaten
- 4 ounces onion minced fine
- 4 ounces mushroom minced fine
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 6 cups mashed potatoes leftover
- Brown meat thoroughly with 5-spice, onions, soy sauce and salt.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- Prebake pie shells slightly in deep dish plates, but don't let them begin to brown.
- Combine cooled meat with cream cheese and beaten eggs and divide mixture between pies, then top with mashed potatoes (like whipped cream) and bake for 35 minutes at 350.
- Each pie serves 4 for a full meal.
- Serve with a green salad and fruit plate.
NotesTwinkle posted this on TOH. It is a cross between a meat pie and a shepherd's pie. But it has a bit of a twist with the addition of the soy sauce and the Chinese 5 spice seasoning.
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Food Travels Through Italy
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More