- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 whole pie crust prepared
- 24 ounces ground pork browned and drained
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice seasoning
- salt to taste
- 4 whole eggs beaten
- 4 ounces onion minced fine
- 4 ounces mushroom minced fine
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 6 cups mashed potatoes leftover
- Brown meat thoroughly with 5-spice, onions, soy sauce and salt.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- Prebake pie shells slightly in deep dish plates, but don't let them begin to brown.
- Combine cooled meat with cream cheese and beaten eggs and divide mixture between pies, then top with mashed potatoes (like whipped cream) and bake for 35 minutes at 350.
- Each pie serves 4 for a full meal.
- Serve with a green salad and fruit plate.
NotesTwinkle posted this on TOH. It is a cross between a meat pie and a shepherd's pie. But it has a bit of a twist with the addition of the soy sauce and the Chinese 5 spice seasoning.