- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 yellow cake mix (lemon also works well)
- 11 ounce can mandarin oranges drained, reserve syrup)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil (applesauce may be substituted)
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 3 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- Mix pineapple and Cool Whip together. Slowly add the pudding mix. Frost cooled cake.
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Grease sides and bottoms of two 8 or 9 inch pans, or one 13 x 9 x 2-inch. Place dry mix in large bowl.
- Add syrup from oranges plus however much water is needed to equal 1 1/3 cups.
- Add eggs and oil, beat til moistened.
- Add oranges.
- Beat (medium speed) two minutes.
- Pour into pans, bake immediately 33-36 minutes for 8" pans, 28-31 for 9" pans.
- Cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan, cool completely.
NotesThis is so good, makes you want to pig out! An office favorite on goodie day!
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Savoury Gluntinous Rice
Bruschetta with Tomato and BasilSee More