PIGGING OUT CAKE
- 1 yellow cake mix (lemon also works well)
- 11 ounce can mandarin oranges drained, reserve syrup)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil (applesauce may be substituted)
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 3 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- Mix pineapple and Cool Whip together. Slowly add the pudding mix. Frost cooled cake.
Heat oven to 350°.
Grease sides and bottoms of two 8 or 9 inch pans, or one 13 x 9 x 2-inch. Place dry mix in large bowl.
Add syrup from oranges plus however much water is needed to equal 1 1/3 cups.
Add eggs and oil, beat til moistened.
Beat (medium speed) two minutes.
Pour into pans, bake immediately 33-36 minutes for 8" pans, 28-31 for 9" pans.
Cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes.
Remove from pan, cool completely.