- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finally diced onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup rice
- 1/4 cup vermicelli or spaghetti broken into pieces
- 2 cups chicken broth (or however much liquid your brand of rice calls for)
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds [toast in a dry skillet over medium heat or in a 375* oven for 5-10 minutes]
- ground cinnamon (optional)
- Heat saucepan and add butter and oil, until combined. Add onion and cook until tender. Add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds before adding rice and vermicelli. Toast until spaghetti turns a golden brown color.
- Add chicken broth. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce to a simmer and cook unti done. Stir in toasted almonds. Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.