- Cooking Time: 70
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/3 c a-p flour
- 1 T sugar
- 1 t salt
- 3/4 c butter
- 1/4 c shortening
- 1 t white vinegar
- 6 T ice water
- 5 lbs med peaches, peeled, halved, pitted, sliced
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1/4 c a-p flour
- 1/4 t ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t ground cardamom
- 1/8 t ground nutmeg
- Crust: Whisk flour, sugar, and salt in L bowl to blend. Add butter and shortening; rub in w/fingertips until mix resembles coarse meal. Add vinegar. Using fork, mix in enough water by tablespoonfuls to form moist clumps. Gather dough into ball; divide dough in half. Flatten each piece into disk. Wrap each in plastic and chill 45 minutes.
- Filling: preheat oven to 400. Combine peaches, sugar, flour, and spices in L bowl; toss to mix well.
- Roll out 1 dough disk on floured surface to 13" round. Transfer to 9" diameter glass pie dish. Transfer peach mix to crust, mounding in center. Roll out second dough disk on floured surface to 13" round. Roll up dough on rolling pin and unroll atop peach mix. Trim edges of both crusts to 3/4" overhang. Fold edges under; press to seal. Crimp edges decoratively. Cut 6 slits in top crust to allow steam to escape during baking.
- Bake pie until crust is golden and juices are bubbling thickly through slits, covering crust edge with aluminum foil collar if browning too quickly, about 1 hour, 10 minutes. Cool pie at least 3 hours before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Thanksgiving With The Singing VeganSee More
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More