- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Meat filling Ingredients:
- 1/2 lb. beef, ground
- 1/2 lb. pork, ground
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 2-3 T milk
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- Dough Ingredients:
- 1-1/2 C flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C water
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Sauce Ingredients:
- 4 T vinegar
- 2 T oil
- Salt and pepper
- Directions: Filling
- Combine ingredients.
- Let sit in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Directions: Dough
- Put vinegar and soda in soup spoon—it foams to top.
- Mix ingredients.
- Using a little extra flour, knead on a floured surface and with floured hands until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- It is a soft sticky dough—slap and squish it back and forth.
- Cut mass into 5 strips, each strip about 8” or 9”.
- Cut each into 1/2” pieces.
- Dip cut end into flour.
- Squish with fingers into circle.
- Fill with meat.
- Seal edges into 1/2 circle, stretch ends to meet, seal.
- Makes a crescent with tips touching.
- Can be frozen at this point.
- Cooking Directions:
- Boil water, piece of onion, tablespoon salt.
- Pour pilimieni into boiling water.
- Stir—they will rise.
- Then cook about 3 minutes.
- Drain and serve with sauce or butter.
NotesRecipe from Valia Nikitina and Irina Zolina, Dubna wives dropped in the middle of the Illinois Prairie for a year.
Russian ravioli as prepared by two very good Russian cooks.
Photograh from http://ua-travelling.com/en/information/pelmeni-recipe.
Could also use finely-cut cabbage for filling.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
HKA Community Fair Recipes 2015
VivaVeganGal's Family FavoritesSee More
Molten Chocolate Walnut Cupcakes
Rabiole Soup (white turnip)
Stamp you passport ~> Portuguese HamburgersSee More