- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box french vanilla (white or yellow should work too) cake mix
- 1 small can of coconut milk...you won't use all of it
- 1 small can crushed pineapple, drain most of juice but do not "squeeze" dry
- 1 egg
- coconut (I didn't actually measure, just sort of threw it in)
- Follow instructions on back of cake mix (NOTE we live at high altitude but I still never adjust the mix).
- But in place of oil and all but one of the eggs add coconut milk (a little more than required oil measurement).
- Add pineapple and coconut (like I said, I just threw some in)
- I put mine in a bundt pan so followed temperature and time for that...it took a few minutes longer, because the pineapple made the batter a little moister!
NotesSo, it was my intention to make a dump cake one night....but I had some coconut milk in the cupboard. I started throwing all my "tropical" ingredients into the cake mix and surprisingly it turned out super yummy!
It was pretty good. Next time my plan is to add some chopped pecans. I think that would just great...try it and let me know what you think! :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More