- Cooking Time: 25 to 30
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup rum (80 proof)
- 1 pkgs. (4-serv. size) Jell-O Coconut Cream or Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Blend all ingredients, except coconut in large mixer bowl (with vanilla pudding mix, increase water to 3/4 cup and add 1 cup flaked coconut to batter.) Beat 4 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9” layer pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Do not under bake.
- Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes. Remove and cool on rack.
- Fill and frost. Sprinkle with coconut and refrigerate.
NotesHere's yet another version of this tasty cake...we made it frequently at our block-party get togethers...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Adventures in CookingSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More