- Cooking Time: 25 to 30
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup rum (80 proof)
- 1 pkgs. (4-serv. size) Jell-O Coconut Cream or Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Blend all ingredients, except coconut in large mixer bowl (with vanilla pudding mix, increase water to 3/4 cup and add 1 cup flaked coconut to batter.) Beat 4 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9” layer pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Do not under bake.
- Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes. Remove and cool on rack.
- Fill and frost. Sprinkle with coconut and refrigerate.
NotesHere's yet another version of this tasty cake...we made it frequently at our block-party get togethers...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More