- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple tidbits in juice, drained, 1/3 cup juice reserved
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (12 oz)
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso mild enchilada sauce
- 8 whole wheat flour tortillas (8 or 9 inch)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 8 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in pineapple, beans, green chiles and salt. Cook and stir until thoroughly heated. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup cilantro and 2 cups of the cheese.
- Spoon and spread 1 tablespoon enchilada sauce onto each tortilla. Spoon about 3/4 cup vegetable mixture over sauce on each. Roll up tortillas; place seam side down in baking dish.
- In small bowl, mix reserved 1/3 cup pineapple juice and remaining enchilada sauce; pour over entire surface of enchiladas in dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Spray sheet of foil large enough to cover baking dish with cooking spray; place sprayed side down over baking dish and seal tightly.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, removing foil during last 5 to 10 minutes of baking, until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly. Top each baked enchilada with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1 teaspoon cilantro.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft):Bake 40 to 45 minutes, removing foil during last 5 to 10 minutes of baking.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Food Travels Through Italy
My Family CookbookSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More