- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple tidbits in juice, drained, 1/3 cup juice reserved
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (12 oz)
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso mild enchilada sauce
- 8 whole wheat flour tortillas (8 or 9 inch)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 8 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in pineapple, beans, green chiles and salt. Cook and stir until thoroughly heated. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup cilantro and 2 cups of the cheese.
- Spoon and spread 1 tablespoon enchilada sauce onto each tortilla. Spoon about 3/4 cup vegetable mixture over sauce on each. Roll up tortillas; place seam side down in baking dish.
- In small bowl, mix reserved 1/3 cup pineapple juice and remaining enchilada sauce; pour over entire surface of enchiladas in dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Spray sheet of foil large enough to cover baking dish with cooking spray; place sprayed side down over baking dish and seal tightly.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, removing foil during last 5 to 10 minutes of baking, until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly. Top each baked enchilada with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1 teaspoon cilantro.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft):Bake 40 to 45 minutes, removing foil during last 5 to 10 minutes of baking.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Italian Exchange
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Cooking with SabraSee More
Blue Collar Beer Cheese Dip
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter FrostingSee More