- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 36 squares
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple,drained (save the juice for icing)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine butter and chocolate in saucepan and melt over low heat.In bowl beat sugar and eggs.Add chocolate mixture.Stir in pineapple.Measure in flour,vanilla,baking powder,baking soda,salt and nuts.Stir well.Scrape into a greased 9×9-in. baking pan.Bake in 350 F. oven for 30 minutes until edges show signs of pulling away from the pan.Cool on a wire rack.
- Pineapple Icing
- 1-1/2 cups icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine,softened
- 5 teaspoons pineapple juice
- Beat all together in a small bowl adding more sugar or juice as needed for easy spreading.Smooth over brownies.Cut when set.
- See more recipes on: www.havefunbaking.comAnd also at: www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com
NotesThese brownies are very good,moist and easy to make.When I made these the first time I had leftover crushed pineapple from making Banana Bread,I was making Brownies anyway and I thought why not add them here.They are different but so good.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More