- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lg can pineapple bites, drained
- 1 lg can crushed pineapple, drained
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cupz ritz cracker crumbs
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350'
- Grease casserole dish.
- Mix pineapple, sugar, flour and cheese in bowl.
- Pour into small casserole dish and top with cracker crumbs.
- Pour melted butter over top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool a bit before serving. It tastes great warm or cold.
NotesMy sister passed this on to me some years back. I have no idea where she got it from. It took me a few years to actually make it. I couldn't get past the idea of pineapple and cheese. I don't know why.
I read about a group of foodie bloggers making recipes that contain a yellow food, as a way of participating in LiveStrong with a Taste of Yellow. This is their way of supporting the Lance Armstrong Foundation and raising awareness.
This is the recipe that I chose to make in my small effort to help support this cause and create awareness.