- Cooking Time: 50
- Preparation Time: 30-40
- 2 large pineapples, chopped (do not use core)
- 3 cups apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 cups raisins
- 6 red peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups macadamia nuts, chopped
In a large stainless steel pan add chopped fresh pineapple, vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and salt.
Cook over low heat for 30 minutes or until pineapple is tender.
Add raisins, red peppers and macadamia nuts and cook until chutney is thick.
Pour into hot sterlized jars and seal immediately with parafin.
Yield 4 quarts.