- Cooking Time: 55 minutes
- Servings: 1 large loaf or 2 small
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (18.25 oz) package Pineapple Cake Mix (sifted)
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tsps clear vanilla extract
- For the Filling/Topping:
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ Tbps ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease & flour 1 large loaf pan or 2 small ones.
- Beat first 5 ingredients at high speed with an electric mixer for 3 minutes.
- Pour half of batter evenly on a greased/floured loaf pan.
- Stir together the brown sugar & cinnamon, sprinkle half of this mixture evenly over batter in loaf pan.
- Pour remaining batter evenly into loaf pan & sprinkle evenly with remaining sugar mixture . Gently swirl with a knife.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 55 minutes if using a large loaf pan) or 45 min. (if using 2 small loaf pans), or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool pan in wire rack. After it cools, invert on a plate. Eat warm.. Store in freezer if desired
NotesI adapted this recipe from a Southern Living Cookbook. It is so yummy!
Note: I made some changes on the original recipe. I used a Pineapple cake mix instead of a plain Yellow cake mix but you can use your favorite kind. I used milk instead of water. Increased the vanilla extract by 1 tsp & reduced the cinnamon to only 1 ½ Tbps. The results were great & my family loved it.