- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2 Dz.
- Preparation Time:
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- Garnish: toasted flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350¢ª. Lightly grease a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups flour, coconut, brown sugar, and baking soda. Using a pastry blender, cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture evenly into bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat remaining 1/2 cup butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in remaining 1 cup flour. Stir in pineapple. Spread mixture evenly over baked layer. Sprinkle evenly with reserved crumb mixture. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting into squares. Garnish with toasted flaked coconut, if desired.
- Makes 2 dozen
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More