- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2 Dz.
- Preparation Time:
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- Garnish: toasted flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350¢ª. Lightly grease a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups flour, coconut, brown sugar, and baking soda. Using a pastry blender, cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture evenly into bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat remaining 1/2 cup butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in remaining 1 cup flour. Stir in pineapple. Spread mixture evenly over baked layer. Sprinkle evenly with reserved crumb mixture. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting into squares. Garnish with toasted flaked coconut, if desired.
- Makes 2 dozen