- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can Crushed pineapple in syrup
- -(8 3/4 oz can), drained and save 1/2 cup juice
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup coconut (I used
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 3 tbsp. butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350º
- In small fry pan toast the pecans (or nuts you choose)
- Prepare 8" baking pan with butter and flour or line with parchment paper.
- Well drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup of the syrup.
- In mixing bowl beat together butter, sugar and vanilla. When this mixture is light and creamy, beat in egg.
- In small bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Then add the flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with reserved 1/2 cup syrup, beat after each addition.
- Spread 1/2 of batter in prepared 8" square cake pan. Take the crushed pineapple and evenly sprinkle over batter. Spread the remaining batter over pineapple.
NotesOn CookieMadness Blog I found this Pineapple Coconut Cake and I knew I had to try it. I love pineapple. It is a very moist cake with wonderful flavor from the topping.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More