- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 16 servings
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine,melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons Splenda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple,drained
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine melted,cooled
- 1 cup Splenda
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- One thing to remember about cooking with Splenda is that you cannot cream the sugar and butter like normal.I add Splenda to a recipe with the dry ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl,beat the butter and the egg.Combine the flour,Splenda,baking powder,stir into the egg mixture.Press into a 9-in. square baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.Spread pineapple over the crust;set aside.
- For topping,in a mixing bowl,beat cooled butter and eggs.Combine the coconut and Splenda and mix well.Spread over the pineapple.Bake at 325 F. for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.Cool before cutting.
- See other recipes at: www.havefunbaking.com
- And also at: www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com
NotesThese squares are good and I make them using Splenda,they are good for anyone who is a diabetic,or someone who wants to cut back on their sugar intake.They are super easy to make and taste great.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More