- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 16 servings
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstoryThese squares are good and I make them using Splenda,they are good for anyone who is a diabetic,or someone who wants to cut back on their sugar intake.They are super easy to make and taste great.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine,melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons Splenda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple,drained
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine melted,cooled
- 1 cup Splenda
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- One thing to remember about cooking with Splenda is that you cannot cream the sugar and butter like normal.I add Splenda to a recipe with the dry ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl,beat the butter and the egg.Combine the flour,Splenda,baking powder,stir into the egg mixture.Press into a 9-in. square baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.Spread pineapple over the crust;set aside.
- For topping,in a mixing bowl,beat cooled butter and eggs.Combine the coconut and Splenda and mix well.Spread over the pineapple.Bake at 325 F. for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.Cool before cutting.
- See other recipes at: www.havefunbaking.com
- And also at: www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com