- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 cup quick or whole oats (not instant)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup vegan sugar (I used demerara)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Replacer
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Wet Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon white or cider vinegar
- 1 cup crushed pineapple packed in pineapple juice, undrained
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar, such as demerara or raw sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly spray or wipe the bottom and sides of a 8 X 8-inch glass baking pan with oil or cooking spray. (You may use metal, but the baking time will vary.)
- Put the oats into a blender and grind until they are fine. Stir a couple of times to make sure that they're uniformly ground.
- Mix the oat flour with the other dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients and stir until moistened and completely combined, but don't overmix. Pour into the prepared pan (batter will be thick). Mix together the sugar and cinnamon topping, and sprinkle it over the top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes. Eat and celebrate!
- Makes about 9 pieces. Each piece contains: 155 Calories (kcal); 1 g Total Fat; (4% calories from fat); 3 g Protein; 36 g Carbohydrate; 0 mg Cholesterol; 299 mg Sodium; 3 g Fiber.
- (taken from blog.fatfreevegan.com)
Notes(taken from blog.fatfreevegan.com)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More