- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large fresh pineapple,about 4LBS.
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 11sprigs fresh lavender,rosemary,or lemon verbena
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups water
- tip: for pineapple-rum cooler,stir in 1 cup of dark rum
- Cut the peel from the pineapple,remove the core,and cut the fruit into 1-in pieces.
- Place fruit in blender and pulse till crushed.
- Transfer to a large pot,add sugar,4cups of water,and 3 herb sprigs.
- Bring to a simmer over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 15min.
- Strain the mixture thru a fine sieve.
- Gently press solids to extract the juice.
- Cool and stir in the lemon juice.
- Serve over ice garnished with remaining herb sprigs.
NotesWe have an abundance of pineapples here in sunny Mexico,this is sweet,refreshing and delicious.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More