- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large fresh pineapple,about 4LBS.
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 11sprigs fresh lavender,rosemary,or lemon verbena
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups water
- tip: for pineapple-rum cooler,stir in 1 cup of dark rum
- Cut the peel from the pineapple,remove the core,and cut the fruit into 1-in pieces.
- Place fruit in blender and pulse till crushed.
- Transfer to a large pot,add sugar,4cups of water,and 3 herb sprigs.
- Bring to a simmer over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 15min.
- Strain the mixture thru a fine sieve.
- Gently press solids to extract the juice.
- Cool and stir in the lemon juice.
- Serve over ice garnished with remaining herb sprigs.
NotesWe have an abundance of pineapples here in sunny Mexico,this is sweet,refreshing and delicious.
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Summertime SippersSee More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More