PINEAPPLE GINGER SALSA WITH TUTTI-FRUITT TERIYAKI CHICKEN
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5
- 3/4 cup canned crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1 small green onion, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pickled ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped, canned jalapeno pepper
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 portions cooked chicken (from Tutti-Frutti Teriyaki Chicken recipe)
- Combine pineapple, green onion, ginger, jalapeno pepper, salt and pepper, if desired, in a bowl and serve as a table condiment with chicken.
- Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 360; Total fat 8g; Saturated fat 2g; Cholesterol 160mg; Sodium 480mg; Total carbohydrate 21g; Fiber 2g; Protein 49g; Vitamin A 8%DV*; Vitamin C 28%DV; Calcium 6%DV; Iron 15%DV
- *Daily Value
NotesGo ahead - toot your own horn! Even on the busiest of days, you can create a dinnertime winner with Tutti-Frutti Teriyaki Chicken. This tropical twist on traditional teriyaki flavor comes from tasty additions to the base recipe. A variety of canned ingredients, including nutritious canned mixed fruit, vitamin C-rich pineapple, coconut and chipotle peppers play a starring role in the sweet and savory add-on condiments. A selection of sauces let kids have some fun with their food by dipping their chicken into a flavor of their choosing.
(Goes with Tutti-Frutti Teriyaki Chicken)