- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1 cup diced or crushed pineapple, fresh or tinned (drained)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 oz white chocolate, melted
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- To Assemble
- 1. Preheat oven to 325° F. Wrap foil around bottoms of 6 2 3/4-inch ring molds, so the foil comes up the sides and place on a baking sheet. Grease bottoms and sides of molds and line bottoms with a disc of parchment. Whisk together oil, brown sugar, eggs, maple syrup and grated ginger. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and stir into wet mixture to blend. Stir in carrot and pineapple and pour into prepared molds. Bake for 40 minutes, until a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before icing.
- To prepare frosting, beat cream cheese and butter together. Beat in melted white chocolate and icing sugar until smooth and stir in vanilla.
- To assemble, remove cakes from ring molds. Cut cakes in half horizontally. Frost bottom cake layer on top with 1/4-inch thick frosting. Lay remaining cake half on top. Spread frosting on top of cake. Repeat with remaining 5 cakes. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Yield: Six 2 3/4-inch ring molds (6 mini cake servings).
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Koken met Oma
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More