- Cooking Time: 17-20 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 (6 oz) container pineapple Greek yogurt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple with juice
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F. and line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, cinnamon and coconut. Cut in the butter with a fork until it forms coarse crumbs; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, orange peel, and sugar; set aside.
- Stir together the yogurt and the egg in a microwave safe bowl or large measuring cup. Microwave for 20-25 seconds, or until the mixture is at room temperature. Stir in the melted butter, vanilla, and pineapple.
- Add the pineapple mixture to the flour mixture and gently stir with a rubber spatula until just blended. Spoon the batter into the lined muffin cups. Sprinkle the streusel over the muffin tops. Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until the tops spring back when lightly touched.
NotesI just love the pineapple flavored Greek yogurt and was pretty sure it would make a tasty muffin. I was right!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
MidLife Road Trip's
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More