PINEAPPLE MUFFINS WITH COCONUT STREUSEL
- Cooking Time: 17-20 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 (6 oz) container pineapple Greek yogurt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple with juice
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F. and line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, cinnamon and coconut. Cut in the butter with a fork until it forms coarse crumbs; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, orange peel, and sugar; set aside.
- Stir together the yogurt and the egg in a microwave safe bowl or large measuring cup. Microwave for 20-25 seconds, or until the mixture is at room temperature. Stir in the melted butter, vanilla, and pineapple.
- Add the pineapple mixture to the flour mixture and gently stir with a rubber spatula until just blended. Spoon the batter into the lined muffin cups. Sprinkle the streusel over the muffin tops. Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until the tops spring back when lightly touched.
NotesI just love the pineapple flavored Greek yogurt and was pretty sure it would make a tasty muffin. I was right!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More