- Cooking Time: 70
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cups flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cups walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cups sugar (or brown sugar, firmly packed)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 1/2-oz. can) crushed pineapple, not drained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Measure flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda into sifter; set aside.
- Plump raisins in boiling water; drain well; set aside with nuts.
- Gradually beat sugar into butter.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add raisins and nuts.
- Sift in half of flour mixture, stir just until moistened and fairly smooth. Add undrained pineapple, then stir in rest of flour mixture.
- Gently spoon heavy batter into greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with topping mixture of sugar and cinnamon. Bake at 350 degrees 60 to 70 minutes or until done when tested. Turn out onto rack to cool.
NotesThis is one of my Mom's recipes handed down to me. We love having quick breads with our coffee.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More