- Cooking Time: 70
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is one of my Mom's recipes handed down to me. We love having quick breads with our coffee.
- 1 3/4 cups flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cups walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cups sugar (or brown sugar, firmly packed)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 1/2-oz. can) crushed pineapple, not drained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Measure flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda into sifter; set aside.
- Plump raisins in boiling water; drain well; set aside with nuts.
- Gradually beat sugar into butter.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add raisins and nuts.
- Sift in half of flour mixture, stir just until moistened and fairly smooth. Add undrained pineapple, then stir in rest of flour mixture.
- Gently spoon heavy batter into greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with topping mixture of sugar and cinnamon. Bake at 350 degrees 60 to 70 minutes or until done when tested. Turn out onto rack to cool.