- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 faux egg (1 tsp baking soda + 1 tbsp white distilled vinegar)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (full fat or lite)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- pineapple puree (1/2 cup pineapple chunks + 1 tbsp pineapple juice)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup raw sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Piña Colada Glaze:
- 1/2 cup vegan powdered sugar
- 1 tsp coconut milk (full fat or lite)
- 1 tsp pineapple juice
- Preheat your oven at 350F. In a bowl, whisk together your faux egg, coconut milk, lemon juice, pineapple puree, vanilla extract, canola oil, and raw sugar.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Then pour the wet ingredients into the dry and fold together until the flour is fully incorporated but do not over mix.
- Grease an 9x5 inch loaf pan and pour in your batter. Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes, then remove from the pan and let it finish cooling on a cooling rack.
- While the cake is cooling, whisk together your ingredients for the piña colada glaze. If the glaze looks translucent (yellowish color), add in a tablespoon more of powdered sugar at a time until it becomes white.
- Once the cake has finished cooling, pour the glaze on top and use a spatula to spread it out evenly. Let the cake site for another hour for the glaze to come together. Then slice, serve, and enjoy.
NotesI came up with the Pineapple Pound Cake With Piña Colada Glaze recipe out of the blue because I wanted some type of pineapple dessert, but I did not want to do the traditional pineapple upside down cake. This recipe turned out better than I hoped and the cake is so moist. Once you try this recipe, you will be making this cake all the time for your friends and family.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More