- Cooking Time: 25-30
- Preparation Time:
- 2 bags Success White Rice
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 can (15oz.)crushed pineapple injuice, Undrained
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can(3 1/2 oz) flaked coconut
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Combine rice, milk, 1 cup of sugar and salt in medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens, 25 to 30 minutes. Stir in the vanilla. Cool.
- Combine pineapple, with the juice and remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar in separate saucepan; stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Stir in brown sugar, lemon peel and cinnamon.
- Add coconut;mix lightly to coat. Cool.Spoon half of the rice pudding into individual dessert dishes; cover with half the coconut mixture. Repeat the layers.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Garnish, if desired.
NotesThis is what I consider a comfort food dessert. It has all the ingredients in it that my family loves. I hope you enjoy it also.
Note: You may use "evaporated skim milk" in place of regular evaporated milk and also "skim milk" in place of Regular whole milk. This will make it figure friendly.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Blue Family Favorites<3
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Short & SweetSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More