- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained in a strainer
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup pineapple juice (like the small Dole pineapple juice cans)
- 1 cup Orange juice
- 3 tbsps lemon juice
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese (cut in cubes)
- Measure pineapple syrup (from the drained, crushed pineapple) and water to make 1 1/2 cups. Boil in the microwave (2 minutes). Pour the boiled water / pineapple syrup into the blender. Add the 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin and blend. Then pour all all other ingredients (salt, sugar, pineapple, lemon and orange juices, and cream cheese), except for crushed pineapple, into the blender and blend for maybe 1 minute or until cream cheese is mixed in and smooth. (The mixture will be foamy but it's ok). Pour the mixture into a square 2 qt mold, or the regular 10 x 12 rectangular pyrex. Put in refrigerator. When semi molded (after 1 hour), pour the crushed pineapple into the mixture, using a fork to blend it in. Leave in the refrigerator until it's fully molded (about 2 hours).
NotesThis makes a great light dessert. It's almost like a mousse. It's pretty low-fat, too. I don't even like pineapple but I LOVE this stuff. My mom makes it for all the holidays, and this year, she asked me to do it. It's really easy, enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More