- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: about 20 bars
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1¾ cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup butter, hard
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1-14 oz. can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 2 eggs, large
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups coconut, shredded
- 1 tbsp. butter, soft
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Shortbread: Combine the flour, sugar and baking powder in a food processor. Cut in the butter and process. Press mixture into the bottom of a greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Filling: In a small saucepan mix sugar and flour; stir in pineapple. Heat on medium until boiling and thickened; let cool slightly and carefully spread mixture over shortbread. Set aside.
- Topping: Beat eggs and sugar until thick and creamy. Stir in butter and then add coconut. Evenly spread the coconut mixture over the pineapple. Place in oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool completely, cut into 2 x 2 ½ inch squares.
NotesIf you like Lemon Bars with shortbread, these will be one of your favorites too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More