- Cooking Time: 12 to 15
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryI wanted to make some cookies with pineapple, but I hadn't done it before.
I kept looking and looking for a good, worthy receip. I found one, decided to try it and made a couple of changes. The cookies came out wonderful! I took them to a public talk, that my mother was ushering at, at at least one person asked me for the recipe, after the talk ended.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar (organic works fine)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained (save the juice for another use)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag coconut flakes
- 1+ large tube decorator icing
- a. Preheat oven to 375 f; Using an electric mixer, cream the shortening
- and the sugar. Beat in egg, vanilla and pineapple.
- b. sift flour, baking soda and salt together, and gradually add to the creamed
- mixture. Drop by teasoons on an ungreased cookie sheet, flattening each cookie slightly with fingers.
- c. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, and remove from oven; after 3 minutes, remove
- cookies from the cookie sheets to a rack or towel.
- d. Using the tube of icing, make some thin lines on each cooled cookie,
- and gently press some coconut flakes onto each cookie. Then. if you want to, add a piece of dry pineapple, mango or pappiya.
- notation/tip: You can forgo the last part (Instruction d) but the cookies are the best, with the coconut on top. The dry fruit makes them even more attractive and good!