- Cooking Time: 12 to 15
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar (organic works fine)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained (save the juice for another use)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag coconut flakes
- 1+ large tube decorator icing
- a. Preheat oven to 375 f; Using an electric mixer, cream the shortening
- and the sugar. Beat in egg, vanilla and pineapple.
- b. sift flour, baking soda and salt together, and gradually add to the creamed
- mixture. Drop by teasoons on an ungreased cookie sheet, flattening each cookie slightly with fingers.
- c. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, and remove from oven; after 3 minutes, remove
- cookies from the cookie sheets to a rack or towel.
- d. Using the tube of icing, make some thin lines on each cooled cookie,
- and gently press some coconut flakes onto each cookie. Then. if you want to, add a piece of dry pineapple, mango or pappiya.
- notation/tip: You can forgo the last part (Instruction d) but the cookies are the best, with the coconut on top. The dry fruit makes them even more attractive and good!
NotesI wanted to make some cookies with pineapple, but I hadn't done it before.
I kept looking and looking for a good, worthy receip. I found one, decided to try it and made a couple of changes. The cookies came out wonderful! I took them to a public talk, that my mother was ushering at, at at least one person asked me for the recipe, after the talk ended.