PINEAPPLE TERIYAKI SALMON
- Cooking Time: 7-8
- Servings: 4
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 (6-ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, about 1 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Grated orange rind (optional)
Combine first 4 ingredients and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan over high heat, and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 15 minutes).
Preheat oven to 400°.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Sprinkle both sides of salmon with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes.
Turn fish over and place in oven;
bake at 400° for 3 minutes.
Remove from oven; brush 1 tablespoon sauce over each fillet.
Return to oven, and cook 1 minute or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
Sprinkle with orange rind, if desired.