- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg yellow, pineapple or butter cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 can (lb, 4 oz) pineapple slices -- reserve the juice
- maraschino cherry halves
- Melt butter in a 13x9x2-inch pan. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly in pan. Arrange drained pineapple slices (reserve the juice!!) and maraschino cherry halves on the sugar mixture.
- Mix cake as directed on the box. For example: 1 1/3 cup liquid (reserved pineapple juice plus water to equal 1 1/3 cup) and 2 eggs. Beat as directed. Pour batter over fruit. Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes, until tests done with a toothpick. Let stand 5 minutes for topping to begin to set. Then turn upside down onto a large platter or cookie sheet.
NotesThe cake box may say ‘do not substitute fruit juice for water’ but it is okay to do it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Recipes for VitalitySee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More