- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1. 2 tablespoons butter
- 2. 1/2 cup SPLENDA(R) Brown Sugar Blend
- 3. 1 (15.25 ounce) can pineapple slices, drained well
- 4. 8 maraschino cherries, drained
- 5. 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 6. 2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 7. 2/3 cup SPLENDA(R) Sugar Blend for Baking
- 8. 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 9. 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 10. 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 11. 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 12. 3/4 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 13. 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 14. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Melt butter in a 10-inch cast iron skillet or a 10-inch cake pan with 2-inch sides; sprinkle with 1/2 cup SPLENDA(R) Brown Sugar Blend. Spread mixture evenly in pan. Arrange pineapple and cherries over SPLENDA(R) Brown Sugar Blend mixture; sprinkle with pecans. Set aside.
- 3. Combine flour, SPLENDA(R) Sugar Blend for Baking, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until crumbly. (This procedure may be done with a mixer at the lowest speed).
- 4. Stir together buttermilk, egg substitute and vanilla in a small mixing bowl; add 1/3 of the buttermilk mixture to flour mixture. Beat at low speed of an electric mixer until blended. Beat at medium speed for 30 seconds or until batter is smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of the bowl. Repeat procedure with next 1/3 of the buttermilk mixture. Add remaining buttermilk mixture; beat for 30 seconds or until mixture is smooth. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- 5. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes; invert onto plate. Serve warm or at room temperature.
MetroCooking DC 2013
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Baked Avocado Brunch
Japanese Carrot Ginger Dressing
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage CasseroleSee More