Pineapple Upside Down Cake
• 2 prepared butter pound cakes
• 2 cans crushed pineapple, lightly drained
• 2/3 cup butter
• 2/3 cup brown sugar
• Vegetable cooking spray
1. Slice cakes into 12 even pieces.
2. Tear 12 equally sized pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil.
3. Spray each piece of foil with cooking spray.
4. Place 1 slice of cake on each piece of foil.
5. Top each piece of cake with a heaping tablespoon of pineapple.
6. Place one tablespoon of brown sugar and one tablespoon of butter on top of the pineapple.
7. Wrap securely in foil and heat in embers until topping is melted.
8. This recipe can also be baked at home in a conventional oven. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
Tips: Easy and fun to make. This dessert will require adult supervision. Prep and cook time are 20 minutes each.