- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Topping Ingredients
- 4 Tbl Butter
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 - 20 oz can Pineapple Slices
- 1 jar Maraschino Cherries
- Cake ingredients
- 1 ¾ cup Cake Flour, sifted
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 ½ sticks Butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups Sugar
- 3 each Eggs, separated
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup Sour Cream
- Prepare the Topping
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray the Baker’s Edge with non-stick cooking spray. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, mix the butter and brown sugar until melted. Pour this into the bottom of the prepared pan. Slice the pineapple slices in half and lay them in the bottom of the pan on top of the sauce. Fill in the voids with maraschino cherries. Use the above recipe picture for an idea how to arrange the fruit.
- Prepare the Cake
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a small bowl. Beat the butter and sugar in a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolks one at a time scraping the bowl well between each addition. Add the vanilla extract. Add half of the flour and mix on low speed just until combined. Beat in the sour cream and then carefully beat in the rest of the flour just until combined. Take the bowl off the mixer. In a clean medium sized bowl, beat the egg whites with a whip until they form soft peaks. Mix a third of the egg whites into the cake batter to help lighted in up. Then carefully fold in the rest of the egg whites. Pour the cake batter over the topping in the pan and spread evenly. Bake for 45 – 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Let the cake sit in the pan for 10 minutes after baking and then flip it over onto a serving platter. Serve warm with lightly sweetened whipped cream.
- This recipe was written for use with an Edge Brownie Pan or a standard 9" x 13" baking pan.
NotesThis is one of my Dad's favorite desserts so I had to make it in the Baker's Edge so that he could have more of the topping on every serving.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More