- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: 32
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryCanned crushed pineapple make this favorite quick bread extra moist and delicious.
Per Serving: cal. (kcal) 162, Fat, total (g) 8, chol. (mg) 20, sat. fat (g) 1, carb. (g) 20, Monosaturated fat (g) 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 4, fiber (g) 1, sugar (g) 11, pro. (g) 2, vit. A (IU) 49, vit. C (mg) 2, Thiamin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 28, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, sodium (mg) 150, Potassium (mg) 64, calcium (mg) 10, iron (mg) 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups
- finely shredded, unpeeled zucchini
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 8 ounce can crushed pineapple (juice pack), drained
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ¾ cup cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- Cream cheese or butter, softened (optional)
- 1. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of two 8x4x2-inch loaf pans, four 5-1/2x3x2-inch loaf pans or twelve 3-1/4-inch muffin cups; set aside. In a large bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- 2. Drain zucchini in a colander. Press and squeeze very well to remove as much of the excess liquid as possible. In a medium bowl, combine drained zucchini, eggs, pineapple, sugar, oil and vanilla. Add zucchini mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in 3/4 cup of the nuts. Spoon batter into prepared pans. Sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- 3. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 50 to 55 minutes for the 8x4-inch pans; 45 to 50 minutes for the 5 -1/2x3-inch pan; or 25 to 30 minutes for the muffin cups; or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack. If you like, serve with cream cheese or butter. Makes 2 loaves (32 slices).