- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb Pink Beans 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 TBSP Cumin Seed 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 4 Slices Bacon 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 Small Onion 1/3 c Catsup
- 1 8 oz Can Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 Green Pepper
- Soak beans overnight. Drain, cover generously with water, bring to boil, then turn heat to simmer. Add cumin seed and simmer for an hour. Meanwhile, cut up bacon and cook in frying pan til clear. Chop onion, pepper and garlic. Add to bacon and cook til soft. Add cinnamon, pepper, tomato sauce, and catsup. Heat to boiling, add to beans, and continue cooking (ab 45 min. or til tender). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- *This is another recipe I got from the book called California Five-In-One cook book. My husband loves beans (unfortunatly) and this recipe looked like a no brainer with no mystery ingredients.
- Easy and tastes fantastic!
NotesThis is another recipe I got from the book called California Five-In-One cook book. My husband loves beans (unfortunatly) and this recipe looked like a no brainer with no mystery ingredients.
Update to follow on if it's a hit.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More