- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c butter
- 1 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp lemon flavoring, optional
- 1 egg
- 2 3/4 c flour
- 1 tsp soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond flavoring
- 2 tsp meringue topping mix (can sub meringue powder)
- maraschino cherry juice, enough to get desired consistency
- Mix all together and spoon into cooled cookies.
- Cream butter and sugar with mixer. Add eggs and mix. Add rest of ingredients; stir well. Chill dough at least 1 hour. (I shaped mine like a tube so it would slice and bake) Form your cookie and depress center (I used my 1 tsp measuring spoon). Bake at 375 for 6-8 minutes. Remove cookies from the oven when they are just barely light brown around the edges. Cool completely before icing.
- Icing: Mix all together and spoon into cooled cookies.
- If you are planning on making these cookies smaller like they do at Snowhite, you might want to double or do at least a recipe and a half of the icing to make sure there is enough for all your cookies.
NotesThis is a recipe that is based off a cookie that is sold locally in my husband's hometown. I have never made the recipe with the lemon flavoring added, but intend to. This makes 2 dozen silver dollar-size cookies.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
AMFC Clamily Cook BookSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More