- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c butter
- 1 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp lemon flavoring, optional
- 1 egg
- 2 3/4 c flour
- 1 tsp soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond flavoring
- 2 tsp meringue topping mix (can sub meringue powder)
- maraschino cherry juice, enough to get desired consistency
- Mix all together and spoon into cooled cookies.
- Cream butter and sugar with mixer. Add eggs and mix. Add rest of ingredients; stir well. Chill dough at least 1 hour. (I shaped mine like a tube so it would slice and bake) Form your cookie and depress center (I used my 1 tsp measuring spoon). Bake at 375 for 6-8 minutes. Remove cookies from the oven when they are just barely light brown around the edges. Cool completely before icing.
- Icing: Mix all together and spoon into cooled cookies.
- If you are planning on making these cookies smaller like they do at Snowhite, you might want to double or do at least a recipe and a half of the icing to make sure there is enough for all your cookies.
NotesThis is a recipe that is based off a cookie that is sold locally in my husband's hometown. I have never made the recipe with the lemon flavoring added, but intend to. This makes 2 dozen silver dollar-size cookies.